torrents stuck at 99.99%

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
tdammit

torrents stuck at 99.99%

Post by tdammit »

I have quite a few torrents that keep giving me problems... some get up to 99.99% and the give me an "Unspecific I/O error", which I have no idea what the hell that means. Then others pause themselves and also give me the Unspecific I/O error.

Any ideas?
Jethryn Freyman

Post by Jethryn Freyman »

Which version of OS X and Transmission are you using? You could try a nightly version of Transmission to see if that fixes anything.
Waldorf

Post by Waldorf »

Also, to what medium are you saving your downloads?
Jethryn Freyman

Post by Jethryn Freyman »

Also, to what medium are you saving your downloads?
And which format is it?
How big are the files you are trying to download?
maxthomas

Post by maxthomas »

I've got the same problem. Downloading a 17.6GB file, got to 99.84% okay (though it paused itself several times along the way) and then stopped with an Unspecified I/O Error. I can resume it, and it connects to peers but as soon as it starts downloading it hangs for a couple of seconds and then stops with the same error. Have tried both Transmission 1.21 and the latest Nightly build with the same results. About 25 torrents from the same tracker worked previously and a couple more since then, although this was the largest so far.

Downloading everything to the HFS+ internal drive of my 2.2GHz MacBook with 4 gigs of RAM, running 10.5.2.

Thanks for any advice.
JBB

Unspecified I/O Error

Post by JBB »

I've seen a few of these complaints on the forum, and no answers yet, so here is my problem in addition.

I had this error before which just sort of corrected itself. But now I've got one that is really pissing me off. Stuck at 100%, and this was because every time I got the 'Unspecified I/O Error' I'd click resume and it would behave for a little longer, and give me more to the file.

Now how many people tried verifying the local data, only to have it freeze the Mac resulting in you having to force quit Transmission, now I thought I left Force Quit with my XP, in the skip. Now whenever it hiccups the system but doesn't freeze completely, itunes gets stuck for a minute or so, and anything else no matter how small there footprint gets stuck.

I went through all the forums for torrents (well not ALL the forums) but consensus says that Transmission is the best, so can someone keep it the best and find out what's going on.

Lastly I just want to point out the this only happens to me with incredibly large downloads, i'm talking 4GB and beyond here. Not just a TV show here and there.
abas101

Re: torrents stuck at 99.99%

Post by abas101 »

I have the same problem and its not even anything large its 1.09 GB. It stuck at %99.99. It pisses me off What should I do?
r0n1n

Re: torrents stuck at 99.99%

Post by r0n1n »

abas101 wrote:I have the same problem and its not even anything large its 1.09 GB. It stuck at %99.99. It pisses me off What should I do?
Are you using the latest nightly builds? If you're not using a nightly build, you should try one.

https://build.transmissionbt.com/job/trunk-mac/

I'm using r11183 and I'm not experiencing this problem.