Transmission Interrupts My Web Connection

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
transmitterplan

Transmission Interrupts My Web Connection

Post by transmitterplan »

Hi everyone,

This problem relates to different versions of Transmission (1.40, 1.34, 1.33) since I've tried downgrading to previous versions to deal with this issue. I run OS X 10.4.11.

What happens is this: a few minutes after launching Transmission (I have 1 active download and a few uploads), my Web connection gets interrupted. In other words, I can't browse anymore (note that while my Web connection goes down, Transmission keeps on downloading and uploading). I get a "Network Timeout" message from my browser since it can't connect to the web page. It's not a browser-specific issue since the same problem occurs with Firefox, Camino, or even browsers running in Windows XP via Parallels Desktop. I also happens over different wifi networks. The connection is only reestablished moments after I quite Transmission. I've never had this problem before and haven't applied any major changes to my system.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!
jondrum418

Re: Transmission Interrupts My Web Connection

Post by jondrum418 »

Same problem here. I actually just got a brand new Alum. MacBook and was really excited to try it out here at work for downloading, only to run into the same issue. I heard someone say that they went back to V1.11 and they had no problems so I'm going to try to find it. If I do and if it works I'll let you know. Here's what we've covered so far:

http://forum.transmissionbt.com/viewtop ... &sk=t&sd=a
transmitterplan

Thanks for the reply jondrum. Please do keep me posted. Also, thanks for the link to the previous discussion on the topic.

If anyone else has any ideas on how to resolve this issue, please feel free to join the discussion! :-)
transmitterplan

Hi jondrum, you're right. I've downgraded to version 1.10 and the problem has gone away. Let's hope this gets resolved in later versions of Transmission...
transmitterplan

Hi all,

After sifting through previous threads, I have resolved this problem on my Mac.

*** Solution: lower the default "Global maximum connections" value in the "Advanced" tab in "Preferences". For example, lowering that value to "100" solved the problem for me. You could increase this value to a higher number until the problem reoccurs in order to determine its maximum value for your system.

Cheers!