Transmission keeps freezing

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
mattijsb

Transmission keeps freezing

Post by mattijsb »

Hey

Today i've downloaded Transmission 1.41, but after downloading for a few minutes, Transmission gets frozen.
I'm using a Macbook Pro, and i'm running Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.6.
Also, I tried to download the newest nightly build, but the problem is still here.
I can't seem to find any crashlog on Transmission, but I do on other applications.

I hope that anyone here can help me to solve my problem.
Sorry if i did make any spelling/grammar mistakes..
Thanks
Last edited by mattijsb on Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stonerboy

Re: Transmission keeps freezing

Post by stonerboy »

Same here. It goes screamingly fast for a few minutes, then freezes and requires a force-quit.
bazookaman

Post by bazookaman »

add me to that list as well. just keep getting the beachball.
mattijsb

Post by mattijsb »

I read this topic, and followed the suggested steps:
11. Deletes the preference file again.
12. Starts the application again.
13. Does nothing at all, re conf or anything. Not even resizing the window. Transmission begins to upload the torrents.
14. Timestamp +1m30s after deletion of preference file ; Appears Stable (still no settings set). it is also downloading now.
15. timestamp +2m30s - attempt to set configurations. avoiding speed limits settings as well as setting up web admin interface.
I'm downloading 5 minutes, right now, and Transmission still didn't crash.
I'm downloading at 450kB/s.
bmicomp

Post by bmicomp »

Not sure if this helps, but, after I enabled the blocking of blacklisted IP addresses... I was having this issue. Ever since I disabled it, it's been working fine.
timta2

Post by timta2 »

These aren't new issues. Take a look at the rest of the posts in the forum.

As I said in the post here: http://forum.transmissionbt.com/viewtop ... f=4&t=7480
Welcome to the club. I've had numerous problems with the newer versions on my system (PPC 10.5.6). From crashing to the infamous "Leopard Slow Death". I find that I keep going back to 1.22 as it runs stable and fast continuously. Your best bet is to stay with the most recent version that runs good for you while periodically testing the new versions/nightly builds to see if it rectifies the problems you are having.