Version 1.42 Doesn't work!

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
failika

Version 1.42 Doesn't work!

Post by failika »

Help! I upgraded to transmission version 1.42 yesterday and now I cannot download anything. All my pending downloads are DEAD. New ones also go NOWHERE. Please help!
failika

Re: Version 1.42 Doesn't work!

Post by failika »

Please note I have just downgraded to v.1.40 and its downloading fine now. Something is really messed up with v1.42
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

timnew

Post by timnew »

Fallika

I've had the same problem. I was DLing when I was notified of an update. I DLed the update and as soon as it restarted, no more downloads. I am DLing the latest nightly build to see if that resolves it. If not, I'll try going back to the older version also.

If it matters, and it probably does, I am using OS 10.4.11 and yes I have the latest security updates for it.
timnew

Post by timnew »

The latest nightly build will not even open. It shuts down before it even opens completely so I'm going backwards.
timnew

Post by timnew »

timnew wrote:The latest nightly build will not even open. It shuts down before it even opens completely so I'm going backwards.
I ended up back at 1.40 also Tried 1.41 but it also didn't work. Once I had 1.40 reinstall uploads and downloads resumed.

Sorry I can't tell you why the later versions won't work.
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

timnew wrote:The latest nightly build will not even open. It shuts down before it even opens completely so I'm going backwards.
1.5, and as a result the nightly builds, now require Mac OS X 10.5 or later.
lwien123

Post by lwien123 »

1.42 works fine with 10.4.11. Tired the nightlies but they wouldn't open, so I went back to the 1.42 final. Works great for me.
tabgc

Doesn't work for me, either.

Post by tabgc »

I installed the latest versions of 1.42 while on vacation (12/21-12/27), and the UL/DLs were working fine--where I was staying. I don't know the type of router used at the place I was. This would have been a DSL connection. Prior to my leaving on vacation, while I was on 1.40 or 1.41, Transmission worked brilliantly at home (and at university) with no problems (essentially since I got my Mac back in March).

The minute I returned home (12/27/08), Transmission froze on my network. Ports closed. Visits to several forums on how to fix this issue resulted in nothing working--many of these fixes required elements such as port forwarding, etc - which I'd never had to set up manually in the past. Essentially, Transmission worked flawlessly for me in the earlier versions. Obviously, not so much in 1.42 - I haven't tried it on other networks since my return home (ie, the university's).

Frustrated, because I'm an absolute n00b at this stuff and I'd spent hours trying to figure out how to fix this...I decided to downgrade to a random choice: 1.41b3

It started working immediately, as it always had.

I have a Linksys WRT54GS router. I am running OS X 10.5.5. I am on the Hughes satellite system. I'm sorry I don't have troubleshooting logs. The one I did save, the debug, really didn't appear to have any information anyone would find useful.

Basically, if a new version suddenly makes a user have to *learn about* and muck around attempting a bunch of settings that they previously didn't, there's something wrong with that version - particularly if all of that results in nothing working, despite it all.

Regardless, thanks for all your hard work and software that's still, when working, a fabulous one.

tammy
wlmh65

Post by wlmh65 »

Version 1.42 does not work. Version 1.40 does work though: http://download.m0k.org/transmission/fi ... n-1.40.dmg
travalas

Post by travalas »

I'm also experiencing this on 10.5.6. I don't get very high speeds normally due to a poor internet connection, but with 1.42 active transfers never find peers. I downgraded to 1.40 and everything works fine again.
scrivens

Post by scrivens »

Same here. I thought the ISP had limited P2P after last week (hadn't used it since upgrading to 1.42 on 24/12) as 1.42 would not connect at all in most cases or when it did it only picked up a couple of peers and was very slow. Tried another client today and it worked fine so went back to 1.40 and that was fine as well. Just tried the latest nightly build (r7623) and it eventually connected but only to one peer and was very slow. Same torrent file used in each case, around 45 active peers. All prefs files and associated things were completely deleted each trial and used a fresh install of Transmission from the original archive. (Should add I'm on ADSL 2+ around 18Mbps, 2.4GHz/2gb IMac and 10.5.6 and transfers are usually very fast indeed.)