Download problems

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
timcrawf

Download problems

Post by timcrawf »

Sorry if this is covered somewhere else, I did a search and found nothing.
I am a newbie at Torrents and Transmission. I have downloaded a few files and they are being uploaded. Most things seam to work fine. I started a couple of large downloads that show in Transmission as folders. The first one states it is 5.36 GB and is 3.13% downloaded, but the folder on my drive is at 5.37 GB, which would seam to be completely downloaded, the second should be 6.25 GB and on the drive it is 3.73 GB. One is showing Downloading from 0 of 35 peers, the second from 0 of 30 peers.
Wo why are they not downloading?
I let them run quite a while.
I paused and restarted them.
I deleted the listing form Transmission and started them again by opening the torrent file. They seamed to know about the existing files because they checked the existing files, but then stated that one had 172 MB and the second 173.3 MB even thought they are much larger on my drive.

Can anyone shed some light as to why these are not downloading?
timcrawf

Re: Download problems

Post by timcrawf »

This is the OP. Forgot to mention. I was running the latest version of Transmission 1.4.2, and also tried an older version after reading of some problems with the current version. So currently I am trying 1.4.0 with the same results.
Running on Mac OS X 10.5.6