Speed limit doesn't work on 1.42 (7494)

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
Flink

Speed limit doesn't work on 1.42 (7494)

Post by Flink »

Hello,

I've updated my Transmission to 1.42 (7494) on my PowerMac G5 10.5.6
But now it seems speedlimit is ignored completely. Also when I set smaller Total Bandwith manually, it doesn't work. Transmission just runs up to using max bandwith (up- and downstream).
It all worked just fine in 1.41... Any suggestions? Should I maybe try a complete new install?

Kind regards...

edit: now trying Nightlies (r7659)... Seems speedlimit now only works on the Download...
Upload limitation works per seed, but not overall. It justs keeps adding them up and then exceeds the manually set maximum...
Flink

Re: Speed limit doesn't work on 1.42 (7494)

Post by Flink »

Seems to be working fine now, just as long as I don't set any individual limits, just global limits :oops: :?:
Debu

Re: Speed limit doesn't work on 1.42 (7494)

Post by Debu »

I think it's been that way for quite some time now. When I last checked (some time ago) setting an individual limit would increase the bandwidth available to Transmission by that amount. For example, if your global upload limit was set at 33KB/s and you set one of several individual uploads to 10KB/s, the resulting total bandwidth that Transmission would try to use would be 43KB/s.

It would be much more useful if Transmission would hold to the set global limit AND adhere to the individual limit, but "oh well". As it is, if you want to set an individual limit without exceeding a certain bandwidth, you need to set an individual limit for each and every running torrent.

At least that is the impression that I have from fooling around with the feature a while back...

It would also be nice if I could divide available upload bandwidth between seeding and leeching torrents, but again "oh well". :)