Tried EVERYTHING for fast downloads, help?

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
jperro

Tried EVERYTHING for fast downloads, help?

Post by jperro »

Hello - sorry about sounding desperate here but I just can't figure this out.

I've had historically slow download speeds as far as I can remember, and I have no idea why. I'm using transmission on my mb pro and I have ports (12540-12545) forwarded to my current IP address (*.105). I'm very familiar with networking and I have no idea why, but my speed is very slow, about 10-60kbps down and often 80-200kbps up. It's very frustrating when you're UP speed is wayyy faster than you're down.

I'm using a Linksys SRX400 router and a motorola surfboard 5120 cable modem, and I'm sitting about 10 feet from both of them. I used to think it was my cable provider, but I just switched to 10mbps and did a speed test and got almost exactly 10mbps down and about 1.5mbps up.

I also tried limiting the # of global connections to about 75 rather than 200, but still no real help. My speed bounces around like crazy, and it only happens at this house. When I take this same set-up to my Boston apartment w/ Comcast, I get anywhere from 250-800kbps download speeds. Can a router be the problem or does anyone have any clue what else I can try here?
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Re: Tried EVERYTHING for fast downloads, help?

Post by Jordan »

Please see sections #1, #2, #3, and #5 of http://forum.transmissionbt.com/viewtop ... f=1&t=3274