Transmission refuses to launch

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
DagMX

Transmission refuses to launch

Post by DagMX »

Hi,
I'm running OS X 10.5.6, with everything up to date as far as the system will let me know. Transmission has been working fine till today. I updated it to 1.5b4 and relaunched it and it worked fine, but after shutting down my system and starting it up later, my transmission fails to run.
I've tried going back to 1.42 and the same thing happens. Transmission is set to launch on log-on and it shows me the white dot in the dock saying its running, but the window wont show. If I quit the process (not shown as not-responding), and relaunch it, it just keeps bouncing (and is shown as not-responding).
Possible thing that could have affected it were that I updated my MacFuse to 2.1.5(beta) and NTFS-3g to 0.9.6, previously, but transmission worked fine after that till the latest restart which seemed to have messed it up. I've tried disabling both of them and no luck, even after restarts.

Log files dont reveal anything in terms of failures.

Any advice or fixes? because I'm stumped.
Hardware is the non-unibody MBP 17".

Thanks!
DagMX

Re: Transmission refuses to launch

Post by DagMX »

I went and moved my transfers.plist to another location and transmission worked fine, except I have to do this before each launch which isn't exactly ideal.
So i tried going upto 1.5b4 again to see if that solved it, except now transmission loads after 5 minutes, hangs a lot and I can't find the transmission application support folder anymore.

ideas? thanks again