Possible Remote Access Bug

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
TyWizard

Possible Remote Access Bug

Post by TyWizard »

I have 2 Macs on my network I've been experimenting with Transmission on. The first is an iMac (3.06 gHz 3 GB RAM) that was running Transmission great. I decided to set up a Remote access server on a MacBook (2 gHz, 2 GB). Both use OS X 10.5.6. The remote access worked in the sense that it received torrents and started them. But here's where I think there is a bug. Once I set up the remote access, I saw that any torrents sent to Transmission failed to even see any peers. It would just stick at 0 of 0 peers. No Tracker issues. Ports are forwarded correctly (can use Azureus fine).
This problem persists regardless of Fresh installs of any version past and including 1.4.0.

I didn't think this was a remote access problem originally so I tried all sorts of ways to fix this. After a couple of hours I gave up and set up remote access on the iMac. As soon as I sent it a torrent from the macbook, it suddenly couldn't find peers as well. Now, both computers can't use Transmission because they can't find peers.

Anyway to fix this?