Can't seed a file I downloaded

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
dlp

Can't seed a file I downloaded

Post by dlp »

Newbie using Tr 1.50b5 for the first time, OSX 10.5.6, and having what's probably a very simple problem.

Downloaded a file and Tr began seeding it. It completed downloading and Tr continued seeding. But I needed to pause it. When I tried to resume, though, Tr decided it had only 1 MB or so of it and began downloading it again. Yet, the file is fine and in the correct folder. So I Removed it from Tr's window and began trying to figure out how to continue seeding. No luck.

A quick search thru this forum indicates I'm not the first to have this problem, but I didn't find a solution.
essiw

Re: Can't seed a file I downloaded

Post by essiw »

download the .torrent again (or if you still have it open it) and when you add it you can select to verify data, and then click op ok and it should work
dlp

Post by dlp »

I see now that I was confusing myself in a pretty dumb way I won't try to explain. The procedure you prescribed works perfectly. Thanks very much!
essiw

Post by essiw »

dlp wrote:I see now that I was confusing myself in a pretty dumb way I won't try to explain. The procedure you prescribed works perfectly. Thanks very much!
well I actually forgot one option there is a verify data option under transfers (Never searched there for it:P) but it does the same thing