All transfers suddenly stopping, crash on quit

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
donaroriak

All transfers suddenly stopping, crash on quit

Post by donaroriak »

EDIT: obviously wrong board, please move to support - sorry :-P

Hello,

I am running Transmission 1.50 on an OSX 10.5.6 machine.
I am behind a personal router (D-link DIR-635) connected to an Italian ISP which does not allow port forwarding (basically it is a big WAN that is kept separated from the web: no public IP address and no NATting).
If it is of any relevance, the destination folder for transfers is on an external drive formatted in FAT32 (and no, I am not trying to transfer files larger than 4GBs).

I get the following problem: transfers launch correctly, and despite the lack of an open port they quickly reach very satisfactory speeds (both UL and DL). However, after 5 minutes or so, all transfer speeds suddenly cut off to 0, and if I try to quit the app it force-closes.
The following are sample crash logs from the console:
http://transmission.pastebin.com/m31a24cb6
2/17/09 8:54:22 PM [0x0-0x33e33e].org.m0k.transmission[6757] /Users/mitchell/Desktop/Transmission_1.5x/libtransmission/trevent.c:385: failed assertion `session->events != NULL'
2/17/09 8:54:27 PM com.apple.launchd[96] ([0x0-0x33e33e].org.m0k.transmission[6757]) Exited abnormally: Abort trap

Could you by any chance help me determine what is causing this issue, and how to prevent it?

Many thanks
Andrea