Safe to upgrade?

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
street_spirit

Safe to upgrade?

Post by street_spirit »

Hi, a while back I was having huge problems with transmission and with each update it seemed to get worse. I would leave my computer to download overnight, don't download usually during the day with it. But basically it started every so often crashing my entire system to the point I'd have to shut my iMac with the button round the back of the machine. Then it began to happen almost every time. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the amount of connections it was making, the more it had the more likely it was to crash the machine. But basically on these forum s I recall finding a long thread (can;t find it now) about how people seemed to have similar issues and how downgrading to version 1.22 worked a treat. Which it did for me too. What I am asking though is I have been using version 1.22 for a long time now and wondered if anyone who had a similar problem have used the latest version and if whatever problem I was having has been fixed? I'm sure I must be missing out on lots of neat features. But at the end of the day all i really need is a program that will safely download torrents as fast as possible!
essiw

Re: Safe to upgrade?

Post by essiw »

you can always download it, try it and if it doesn't work then download 1.22 again
Yada

Re: Safe to upgrade?

Post by Yada »

This is probably the thread you mentioned. As Essiw stated, you can always try 1.51 to see if it works for you.