Move Data File To... Error! Won't work!

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
Etabeeta

Move Data File To... Error! Won't work!

Post by Etabeeta »

Hi, I have decided to put all my torrents on my external HD since I'm running out of room on my internal, so I copied my torrents folder to the external HD. Then I started Transmission, selected all my torrents and chose File>Move Data File To... And selected my new torrents folder on my external HD. Then I get a pop-up window saying: "There was an error moving the data file. The move operation of 'torrent-name' cannot be done."

It does not work if I select torrents once at a time either. Any suggestions?

I'm using Transmission v 1.51 (7958) and my HD is a Western Digital formatted with Mac OS Extended.

Edit: Never mind, apparantly somewhere along the way there was an update that copied the files for you automatically. The last time I did something like this I had to first move the files in Finder and then use "Move Data File To..." to choose the new location, but now it seems that all you have to do is use the "Move Data File To..." and Transmission automatically moves the files. Much appreciated change!
harrison burgeron

Re: Move Data File To... Error! Won't work!

Post by harrison burgeron »

I am looking for an answer to this question too.

I moved all my music a new external harddrive, as my old WD drive was too large and in danger of getting seriously messed up in transportation on a regular basis, so I bought a Passport drive. Now I want to change the location of all my data files so that when I go to upload, I don't need to have my old external mounted on my machine.

Any help?