Transmission dropout issue

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
mikaelaustin

Transmission dropout issue

Post by mikaelaustin »

Hey there i'm new to this forum and kind of a dummy when it comes to the ins and outs of transmission. I've been using transmission for years now without the slightest of problems, but in the last 2 months it has been causing my internet connection (wireless) to completely drop out, though in saying this it still uploads (or seems to upload) but i can't connect to the internet or use transmission. the only way to fix this problem is to reset the modem. i have contacted my internet service provider and they assure me there's no fault on their behalf (though they are TPG in Australia and they're hopeless).

I was wondering if anyone was experiencing similar problems using transmission? the internet has no problem and never drops out if i'm not using transmission but when i am sing it the dropout is about 75% or so?

i really only use the internet for torrents which has now become very annoying. i also noticed that the usage figures that my provider say i use and the usage figures that transmission say i use are very different, like about 1/3 as much on transmission (and i don't have upload included as download) maybe this is part of the problem as this started to occur about 3 months before transmission started to drop out?

i really appreciate anyone's help with this. cheers.
essiw

Re: Transmission dropout issue

Post by essiw »

I have this problem sometimes, Then I just quit Transmission (because it always seems to happen in the evening after a full day of Transmission [altough my brother with no port open doesn't have the problems]) and then the next day it is good again (or I restart the router when it isn't in the evening) So far I had this around 5-7 times
mikaelaustin

Post by mikaelaustin »

so do you think it's a transmission thing or a router thing?
mikaelaustin

Post by mikaelaustin »

hey i've noticed now a few people on this forum seem to be posting about a very similar issue which could be this? how can get get a forum moderator to look into this for us?
essiw

Post by essiw »

mikaelaustin wrote:so do you think it's a transmission thing or a router thing?
I rather think it is a router thing... because my router always acts strange...
mikaelaustin

Post by mikaelaustin »

essiw wrote:
mikaelaustin wrote:so do you think it's a transmission thing or a router thing?
I rather think it is a router thing... because my router always acts strange...
i can confirm it's not a router thing as a different torrent program has no issue at all and is working 100%. this is definitely a tansmission problem.
JTM22

Post by JTM22 »

Not to beat a dead horse or anything...

But I was using Transmission for a few hours a last week... Knocked out my internet completely.

I've restarted my router and stuff multiple times, and it's still down. Probably going to have to call in an expert.

Just letting people know.
mikaelaustin

Post by mikaelaustin »

JTM22 wrote:Not to beat a dead horse or anything...

But I was using Transmission for a few hours a last week... Knocked out my internet completely.

I've restarted my router and stuff multiple times, and it's still down. Probably going to have to call in an expert.

Just letting people know.
i swapped back to vuze (classic mode) no problems with anything in the last 4 days.