Transmission downloading to wrong folder.

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
bradreligion

Transmission downloading to wrong folder.

Post by bradreligion »

Hello! Ive browsed the wiki and a bit of the forums but I can't find anything relating to my problem.

I recently installed drop box, and it's working great. It creates a folder on my mac, and I have transmission watch this folder for torrent files. I have transmission set up to download all files to my external HD, and this is where the files are kept during downloading, however, the second that the download finishes, it transfers the downloaded items right back into my drop box folder (where the torrent file was created and found)

I have tried multiple setting variations but nothing works. Any ideas?
timta2

Re: Transmission downloading to wrong folder.

Post by timta2 »

Look at dropbox, it sounds like it is syncing (Which is what it is supposed to do, right?). Transmission is most likely not at fault here.

I tried to check it out for you but Dropbox keeps crashing my Finder constantly so I have to give up.
Yada

Post by Yada »

You have probably set Transmission to move the data once the download is complete. Check the 'Transfers' tab in the preferences. My guess is that the default download location is that Dropbox folder and the incomplete files are being kept on your external HD.
porkozone

Post by porkozone »

I am having the same issue, but my files for Transmission aren't in my dropbox, so I don't know that the issue is that.

In the settings I have:
I have the completed downloads go to a "Downloaded" folder - set as the "default download location"
I have the incomplete downloads go to a "Incomplete" folder
I tell transmission to watch and auto-start torrent files in a "Torrents" folder
I have Transmission delete the torrent file when done.

Here's what happens:
Automatic places the torrent in the "Torrents" folder.
Transmission detects the torrent, automatically starts downloading, and deletes the original torrent file from the "Torrents" folder
During download, the incomplete file is properly in the "Incomplete" folder
When the download is complete, instead of the file going to the "Completed" folder, it ends up in the "Torrents" folder.

It appears to be acting like I have the "default download location" set to "same as torrent file," even though I actually point it to a specific folder.
PeterLL

Post by PeterLL »

Hi everyone,

refering to the last poster, using seperate folders for downloads in progress, completed downloads and a watch folder is working perfectly as advertised for me.

However I noticed another strange bahaviour with Transmission v1.72 (8709) (I am running on OS X 10.5.7 on an Intel Mac), as it just seems to ignore any non default download destination folder I chose when adding a new torrent. It accepts the folder I select when adding the torrent, but then ignores it and keeps using the default location. I only found this recently as I was always using the default folder before, but wanted to move larger torrents to a larger partition on the same HD now (so it is not an issue with a not yet mounted volume).

I also tried to move the data files after adding the torrent (while setting the torrent to pause) which would have worked for me as a workaround, but this just kinda freezes Transmission while copying the files over to the new destination, and then (after resuming the download) it still keeps using the default location. If the download hasn't been started prior to moving the data files the new download location is ignored just like it has been ignored when adding the torrent.

Am I the only one experiencing this "bug"? Is there anything I could do to solve this problem?

Thanks for your help,

Peter