Request for Advice from a Newbie....

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
anniebags57

Request for Advice from a Newbie....

Post by anniebags57 »

Hi, I have just moved over to Transmission and it seems great. I have read all the documentation and carrired out all the tests recommended re downloading speed, port fowarding, firewalling so am pretty confident that I am appropriately set-up.

I am only running one torrent. Unlike the ubuntu test that I ran, there are only very few seeders. I have only just re-activated the download as computer unavailable today and there is only 1 seeder as yet - although more may come online later.

Can I just run some speeds by you. I have read documentation on what the acronyms re bytes and bits mean but I am still a little unsure.

I ran a download soeed test at testmy.net and got a download reading of 3464Kbps or 3.5 Mbps (423kB/s). When I did a test download from ubuntu I was getting an array of download speeds of between 400 and 745 KB - do these seem appropriate against mytest.net result?

I would have expected that Transmission would show download speeds in the format of kB/s but on Torrent Inspector it has KB (ie capital KB rather than small kB). Can anyone clarify this for me or refer me to another resource that might assist?

Also in Inspector, against the Peers, there is a column entitled % and some of the peers are showing a complete green bar with a tick in the middle of it - can someone tells me what this means?

I know this may seem simple questions but would appreciate any advice so I can improve my torrenting....

thanks again - looking forward to some successful torrenting with Transmission.

Annie