Multi-tracker torrents?

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
Zork

Multi-tracker torrents?

Post by Zork »

Hi,

I created a new torrent file and in the Trackers field, I put the two addresses of the trackers where I want to upload and seed the torrent. Now, it just shows up in one of the two at the time (and I don't know how to control which one). I tried redownloading the torrents I uploaded from the tracker. It worked, but as you can imagine, Transmission won't allow me to have the two torrents opened at the same time, because they have the same name.

Is there an easy way to seed the same files on two trackers without having to duplicate the files on the hd?

Thanks in advance!
Zork.
Rolcol

Re: Multi-tracker torrents?

Post by Rolcol »

Multi-tracker support isn't in Transmission yet because the BitTorrent spec does not allow it. µtorrent does not follow the spec in this regard so it may show up in Transmission later on. You do not have to duplicate the file. A link (alias on Mac, symlink in the rest of the POSIX world) to the file should be enough for Transmission.
Zork

Re: Multi-tracker torrents?

Post by Zork »

Ok... I'm not sure I understand...

Let's say I have a file named "aaa.zip" and I want to share it on two trackers. I create two torrent files, I upload them on each of the trackers, then what? If I try to open them both, Transmission tells me it's a duplicate of an already added transfer.

How to deal with that with aliases?

Thanks for the help!