Progress Bar is too long; possible bug

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
quaternio

Progress Bar is too long; possible bug

Post by quaternio »

I've been having this problem over several iterations of Transmission (probably over the course of the past year or so, maybe longer) and have never posted a topic about it. The problem is that about 45% of the times I open Transmission on my Powerbook G4 with Mac OS 10.4.11, the progress bar is longer than the client's window (often around six screen widths too long). So what it looks like is even if the progress of a torrent DL is only 5%, a fully maximized window shows only the blue part of the torrent's progress. If it the discrepancy is short enough, I can stretch the window out to the progress bar's actual length and then resize it back down to the width that I want the window to be, and the progress bar will follow suit. However, in the cases where it is several screens too wide this solution is impractical, because I have to make it all the way to the end to fix it. Restarting the client may or may not fix the problem; the problem seems to occur at random. Also, I have often resorted to Nightlies in the desperate hope that they would alleviate the problem, but have never found success.

Thanks in advance for your help.
essiw

Re: Progress Bar is too long; possible bug

Post by essiw »

This is a know problem ;) Nearly everone has these problems on Tiger sometimes.
quaternio

Re: Progress Bar is too long; possible bug

Post by quaternio »

Thanks for the heads up. I searched and searched these forums ("progress bar", "progress", "bar", etc.), but never found a topic about it.