port will NOT open

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
memphis

port will NOT open

Post by memphis »

before you send me the links to the wiki, i'll let you know i ran through every bit of troubleshooting on there. the funny thing is, i had my port open and everything was working great before i did a typical software update for os 10.5.6. not really too sure what else to do at this point, so any advice or tips will be greatly appreciated.
livings124
Transmission Developer

Re: port will NOT open

Post by livings124 »

With the information you have given, pretty much all we can say is consult the wiki, search the forums, and check your hardware and corresponding hardware's software.
memphis

Post by memphis »

check your hardware and corresponding hardware's software
not to sound like a total dummy, but what exactly do you mean by this?
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

If your port won't open, make sure your router is set up correctly.
memphis

Post by memphis »

livings124 wrote:If your port won't open, make sure your router is set up correctly.
i've used the portforward.com site which helped me get my port open initially, not so helpful this time. do you know of any other resources or guides?
essiw

Post by essiw »

memphis wrote:
livings124 wrote:If your port won't open, make sure your router is set up correctly.
i've used the portforward.com site which helped me get my port open initially, not so helpful this time. do you know of any other resources or guides?
Search the build in help, the wiki ( trac.transmissionbt.com ) Or try to search the forum
memphis

Post by memphis »

essiw wrote:
memphis wrote:
Search the build in help, the wiki ( trac.transmissionbt.com ) Or try to search the forum
i was looking for any specific sites or guides for proper ways to set up the router. but yeah, thanks for that.
memphis

Post by memphis »

i actually got it open somehow, this is a fucking miracle