Ratio and CPU problem 1.6.0

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
jose06

Ratio and CPU problem 1.6.0

Post by jose06 »

Hi

I'm running OS X 10.5.7 and Transmission 1.6.0 (8038). Since a few days (since last Transmission update message I had - updated of course) I have had problems with the ratio and the CPU workload. For these days I've uploaded about 150 GB of data via Transmission but the ratio keeps steady on the same amount of data on the torrent site. Tranmission is still counting uploaded/downloaded data.

At the same time as I noticed this problem I noticed that the Transmission process constantly uses 100% of CPU of one CPU core.

I haven't had these problems before the last update.

Does anyone else have these problems?
Are you aware of any problems with this version?
Can I downgrade and keep my current torrents status? I have not got the torrent files since I set Transmission to automatically remove these.

Thanks
Jose
essiw

Re: Ratio and CPU problem 1.6.0

Post by essiw »

If you actual search the forums you could see that much more people have this problem
jose06

Post by jose06 »

oh, that answer was great.. You think I haven't tried searching before I posted?

The reason for why I opened this question was because what I find in the search is early problems with cpu hogs of the deamon/process or new problems in 1.6.1, reference text: "It seems that the high CPU usage bug is reintroduced in 1.61... My CH3SNAS has had one transmission-daemon running at 100% several times now, which didn't happen with 1.60."

As you might have seen in my text before I'm running at 1.6.0 where it seems (according to my search) no one else had this problem. When I try and search for problems regarding the upload ratio most of the issues are because of a "null" value and I don't seem to have the issue regarding "null", or is it the same?

I might not be the best in searching, but if you can find something that helps me (as you state that you do actually find similar problems in threads), pls help out instead of just say search. Maybe tell me what you did seach on to find it..?
essiw

Post by essiw »

edit: Ah sorry my misread, I thought you meant 1.61 (because you said: "Since a few days (since last Transmission update message I had - updated of course)" and since 1.61 is the last update I thought you ment you updated from 1.60 to 1.61)