Priority for Uploads?

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
ssp

Priority for Uploads?

Post by ssp »

I am not really sure I understand the concept of 'Priority' correctly. My impression is that it doesn't really work for uploads. (should it?)

What I am trying to do is the following: I have a few torrents which I have seeded but still need to 'earn' a good ratio on. I also have a bunch of torrents which I already have a >1 ratio on but which I am happy to keep seeding for a while so they remain in good shape. My idea is that Transmission should give all (or almost all) my upload bandwidth to the latter and only give upload bandwidth to the former when it has nothing else to do.

I tried to achieve that by setting the Priority of the second group of torrents to the Low level. But that didn't seem to improve the situation (most of the bandwidth being used for the second group of torrents). I also tried setting the Priority of the first group to the High level in addition to that, but didn't notice an effect there either.

Am I misunderstanding this feature? How can I achieve what I outlined at the beginning? Or is it not possible with the current code at all?
lovelyrita

Re: Priority for Uploads?

Post by lovelyrita »

my experience is that the priority settings don"t have much practical impact on the seeding order.