10.x and Transmission beta 4.00

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
GaryE

10.x and Transmission beta 4.00

Post by GaryE »

A new beta is coming soon, but i was wondering if macOS 10.x users who are comfortable building from source would like to try a macOS 11 -12 interface? https://github.com/transmission/transmission/pull/3295.

I'd love to know if i'm missing anything, or opinions, really.
muse laundromat

Re: 10.x and Transmission beta 4.00

Post by muse laundromat »

I'm so excited for this. Will it be pushed to my transmission installation if I check "Beta releases" in settings?
megadeth7

Re: 10.x and Transmission beta 4.00

Post by megadeth7 »

Any ETA on 4.0b? We're now approaching end August so hopefully not too long now.

I continue to get the following message when I attempt to use the nightly builds and check status via web using either the Launch Web Interface button within the app preferences/remote settings or trying to connect remotely from my iPhone:
404: Not Found
Couldn't find Transmission's web interface files!
Users: to tell Transmission where to look, set the TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME environment variable to the folder where the web interface's index.html is located.
Package Builders: to set a custom default at compile time, #define PACKAGE_DATA_DIR in libtransmission/platform.c or tweak tr_getClutchDir() by hand.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong or how this can be fixed? I'm assuming it will be fixed for 4.0b?
FYI Transmission is in a sub folder within Applications called -Net along with Transmission 3.00 so I'm not sure wherein the problem lies.

Thanks.