Notification settings ignored

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
jabohn

Notification settings ignored

Post by jabohn »

Hello. Transmission appears to ignore the system notification settings. For example, it plays the notification sound at full volume, even if you have your system alert setting to a lower volume. If you disable the alert sound entirely in the system Notification settings, it still plays the alert sound.

I'm running the latest public release of version 3, plus Ventura RC (although it happened in Monterey as well).
jabohn

Re: Notification settings ignored

Post by jabohn »

Turning notifications OFF for Transmission doesn't even work. The visual notification is disabled, but it still makes the ding noise.
fuga

Post by fuga »

I have notifications (banners) for Transmission and they do not show.
jabohn

Post by jabohn »

I'm using version 4 now and it still ignores notification settings. My Mac is set to Do Not Disturb during the night, I was up very early one morning and I heard a very loud Ding from my computer. I checked, and sure enough it was Transmission... a Torrent had finished downloading just then.
darmok

Post by darmok »

Go to Transmission's Preferences > General > Click on "Configure in System Preferences". Uncheck "Play sound for notifications".

Go to Transmission's Preferences > Transfers > Management. Make sure the two Play Sound items are unchecked.

hth,
- Dan.