Weird window/group display bug causes loss of all torrents

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
bmy

Weird window/group display bug causes loss of all torrents

Post by bmy »

Hi,

I'm on 10.6.3. I'm experiencing a recurring bug where my window begins to look like this:

That is, the "no groups" label fails to appear. I can still collapse and expand the "no group" torrents by double clicking that thin grey bar at the top. Sometime after this occurs, Transmission's main window disappears and I can't bring it back without restarting Transmission entirely. The Statistics and Message Log windows will still appear when invoked, just not the main windows. In fact, the "Transmission" label appears under Exposé and Exposé allocates the appropriate space for the window – I just can't see it.

At some later point, the client empties itself (the window is blank and it reads 0 transfers at the bottom)...it remains empty upon restart. I'm able to recover my data by re-adding all the .torrent files in ~/Application Support/Transmission, and when they're re-added Transmission remembers upload stats and partial file selection but NOT which group each torrent was in.

This is my first bug report so excuse any abnormalities. It happened to me once yesterday and it's happening again as I type...happy to supply more info if needed. Thanks!