Mova data file to Problem...

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
brichards057

Mova data file to Problem...

Post by brichards057 »

Hello. I have been using Transmission for some time now, and have recently(in the past two days) used the "Move data file to" option for the first time. I moved the data files to an external HD. They continued to download fine. The problem is that when I shut the machine off, and started it back up the next day, the files were still on the external HD but transmission doesn't see the existing data. What is causing this? The data files are there without a doubt. Has anyone else experienced this? I can't seem to find a search that pulls any other topic like this so I hope I am not repeating anything that has already been posted. Any help would be great. I was nearing the end of a few different torrents when this happened, so it was not fun to see that all the data was not being found by transmission. How can I get the program to see the data files? Is there a way to have tansmission verify back up's of the exact same files on another drive?

Cheers,
Brichards057
useopenid

Re: Mova data file to Problem...

Post by useopenid »

Perhaps this is a feature request, but if I copy my data files to a new location and then tell transmission to use the new location, it seems like it ought to be smart enough to see that the data is there and pick up where it left off. It may want to verify the data, got no problem with that, but having to monkey around with the underlying files to keep it from re-downloading what it's already got makes no sense.
Rolcol

Post by Rolcol »

useopenid wrote:Perhaps this is a feature request, but if I copy my data files to a new location and then tell transmission to use the new location, it seems like it ought to be smart enough to see that the data is there and pick up where it left off. It may want to verify the data, got no problem with that, but having to monkey around with the underlying files to keep it from re-downloading what it's already got makes no sense.
The Mac version uses one command to move or point to the data. If you're pointing to "new" data that is at the destination, you'll need to: Select it > Transfers > Verify Local Data.
It's a little different in the GTK+ and Qt clients.
alau

Post by alau »

What if the link is broken ? What do I do then ?

When I slide the torrent file in Transmission it says that it already exists (obviously).

So how is it possible to show Transmission's the way ? I choose to put the torrent files and the downloaded files together (in my preferences).

Thank you,

Alau