Revamp the "verify local data" system!

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
ohaiwill

Revamp the "verify local data" system!

Post by ohaiwill »

I use a macbook pro, and all my torrents and data are on an external. When I want to take my macbook with me (and obviously leave my external behind), I quit transmission and eject my external. Problem is, when I come back later, reconnect the drive, and fire up transmission, it has to re-verify local data on all the transfers (and when you have 1000+, this isn't fun).

I've learned that I can pause all the transfers, disconnect the drive, then later reconnect and resume transfers and it usually doesn't have to re-verify, as long as I didn't restart my macbook or quit transmission.

Not to mention, the verifying process seems like it takes MUCH longer than other clients. I've used uTorrent on mac before and it took much shorter than it does in Transmission.

I don't know if this is a fixable issue, but it's a big headache for me when all of my transfers have to reverify, which can literally take 10+ hours to complete.
Mr.Jagil

Re: Revamp the "verify local data" system!

Post by Mr.Jagil »

I am in the exact same position and i fully agree. I have heavily considered switching client because of this.

Even when I am not using my external the seemingly random verifications becomes obnoxious
onlymybiribiri

Post by onlymybiribiri »

I have a similar issue. I download most of my files to an external. When I am using my laptop and I don't have my external plugged in if I accidentally open transmission then I have to recheck everything next time I plug in my external. I have to keep a separate torrent client just for downloading when my external is not plugged in.
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

This is planned for 2.20. In fact the revamped "verify" system will land in the nightly builds right after we release 2.13, which will be Real Soon Now.
Rolcol

Post by Rolcol »

Charles wrote:This is planned for 2.20. In fact the revamped "verify" system will land in the nightly builds right after we release 2.13, which will be Real Soon Now.
Thanks for not being Valve.