Status Bar color

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
livings124
Transmission Developer

Re: Status Bar color

Post by livings124 »

Go in the Windows menu, should be command-2 as well.
.Neo

Post by .Neo »

Not sure what those have to do with the main window?
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

Those were enhanced with animations. If you only care about the main window, please feel free to write the code to do it.
.Neo

Post by .Neo »

livings124 wrote:Those were enhanced with animations. If you only care about the main window, please feel free to write the code to do it.
I've seen you ask people on multiple occasions if they could provide you with a open-source example of iChat-like shifting for the main window. Now someone finally provides you with an example and you won't go into it at all.

Not sure I get your attitude here. Anyway, good luck.
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

My attitude is from the fact that I made tables with animations and your response was, "that's not exactly what I want, so I'll ignore their existence." If you know exactly what you want and don't care about anything else, then you can be free to do it. I don't need attitude from you.
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

The nighties now contain animations in the main table. Feedback would be very helpful. https://build.transmissionbt.com/job/trunk-mac/
kevinobies

Post by kevinobies »

Nice work on the animations!

I love animations… Please Livings124 follow Apple's lead and use plenty of CoreAnimation!

BTW… Transmission is quite possibly the best 3rd party Mac app ever built.

Keep up the excellent work.
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

Where else would you recommend animations? I'm not really sure where else without unnecessary overkill.
kevinobies

Post by kevinobies »

Well 2 places (just a minor suggestion)...

1. When you drag multiple items (that little red badge) with the number of items would be cool.
2. When you drag item(s), their size should change (ie in Finder small icons when in List view... but enlarging when you drag over desktop for icon view)... that way a user can simply drag multiple items and copy the data files to the new destination (not move). This is how iTunes works. So that way users don't also have to choose Locate in Finder then copy the data file over to the new location.

What do you think? (the 2nd one is also a feature request that should be working right now but is not).
kevinobies

Post by kevinobies »

Another cool little thing to remove things from the main window list queue order:

Have an 'Edit' button on the top right in the toolbar this would bring up a red "Remove" button on the right hand of every listed item. (IE: how the iPhone works).

Full of the appropriate animations of course. :)

That would be pretty cool.