Torrent Search/Sorting Based on Torrent Status

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
ajluvsu

Torrent Search/Sorting Based on Torrent Status

Post by ajluvsu »

I have a lot of trouble finding torrents that are non-functional due to being deleted from various trackers, and when seeding hundreds of things, it's quite hard to find the ones with errors. You manually have to scroll through and see if any stand out with the distinctive yellow caution sign.

So I was thinking perhaps a way to either sort them where errors/flagged status could be a specific type and as such sorted depending on where they fell in the status, or perhaps a way to display only those torrents, or in some order of preference to help find and prune deleted/unregistered torrents.

I'm not entirely sure how to voice my exact request other than being curious if there's a way to implement something like this.

Edit: As a clarification, sorting by activity or state do not seem to sort the torrents with errors in any specific manner. Sorting by state could be modified to suit this request, seeing as it is a state (being in error), but if it isn't a good fit for what the sorting intends, sorting by tracker status could be a resolution.
wfiveash

Re: Torrent Search/Sorting Based on Torrent Status

Post by wfiveash »

I have the same issue. Is there a way to have Transmission desktop client (on OS X) filter the list of torrents so just the torrents that the tracker has returned an error for are displayed?
willryan042

Post by willryan042 »

Found this thread on Google while searching for a solution to this exact problem. I'd love to see this implemented. I have lots of torrents with an "unregistered torrent" error, I'd love to be able to delete/manage all of them easily.
wfiveash

Post by wfiveash »

BTW, the workaround for me was to enable remote access via my web browser and use the browser search for “error:” to locate torrents that the tracker is reporting an error for. Unfortunately, this is a cumbersome process because it takes several seconds for the browser screen state to be refreshed when I pause a torrent which is why I’d love to have a filter built into the Transmission desktop app itself.