Please bring back Proxy support.

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
NotUsed

Please bring back Proxy support.

Post by NotUsed »

Still using v 2.1 because it supports proxies without having to set the entire system to a proxy.

Please bring back this feature set it was a mistake to remove it in the first place.

Thanks.
NotUsed

Re: Please bring back Proxy support.

Post by NotUsed »

Any change with 2.30b3??

Removal was never listed in change notes, therefore I don't hold much stock in change notes for new releases. Thought I'd ask directly.

Thanks!
John Clay
Transmission Project

Post by John Clay »

It's not coming back.
clocknova

Post by clocknova »

Then I hate to say it, but as soon as version 2.11 no longer works, or I find a better client that supports proxies, neither am I. It's a shame; I really like Transmission. But this one's a deal-breaker. What a silly decision.
adameros

Post by adameros »

I concur. After using Transmission happily for years, the removal of proxy support has made Transmission worthless to me. I have no idea what idiot decided to remove it, but they should be removed from making planning decisions for Transmission.
NotUsed

Post by NotUsed »

Same here. I'll stick with 2.1.11 until it stops working, then I'll find a new client. No proxy settings is a deal breaker and VERY short sighted.
iamse7en

Post by iamse7en »

Such a pain in the @$$. Please bring it back. Clearly your CUSTOMERS want it back. Keep it a hidden option or something.
eeffect

Post by eeffect »

What was the reason for removing proxy support?

What is your suggestion for people who want to use a proxy?
clocknova

Post by clocknova »

John Clay wrote:It's not coming back.
Kind of a petulant answer, don't you think? I mean, not even an explanation for this. Nothing. Is there nothing we can do or say that will change your mind?
EnigmaticSoul

Post by EnigmaticSoul »

I am new to using transmission, and am most dismayed to find the lack of proxy support. I am left with no choice to dispose of this software and find something whose developers are less short sighted and insensitive to their users' needs. I say this not just based on the content of this particular discussion, but in the vast array of negative reply available in a quick search. Transmission seems like a good product; I am sorry to see it ruined by apparent ego problems.
sn00ze

Post by sn00ze »

I'm another user that would like it back.
Renara

Post by Renara »

Has anyone posted a ticket for it at http://trac.transmissionbt.com? This is one that's annoying me too, as I have a general HTTP proxy for my system, but it isn't really needed for Transmission (and actually doesn't like it very much to begin with), so it'd be nice to be able to set them separately.
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

The development team is unanimous on this topic: proxies aren't coming back. This wasn't a spur-of-the-moment decision and it's not going to be reversed. If this is a dealbreaker for you, my suggestion is that you use uTorrent or Vuze instead.

This isn't meant as a glib or rude response; just an honest one.