Menu Bar Icon instead of dock

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
dadamson

Menu Bar Icon instead of dock

Post by dadamson »

Would it be possible to have an option for transmission to work as a menu bar icon near the clock and hide the dock icon most apps are doing this now and seen as I have it running all the time it would be a bit tidier.
Mr.Jagil

Re: Menu Bar Icon instead of dock

Post by Mr.Jagil »

Oh yes!

Would it still be able to show dl/ul information on the icon in this case, though? Would you need a different icon .png file for every number combination?
supr

Post by supr »

I would also like to have this feature.

From an earlier thread about the same thing:
pope52 wrote:I support this idea, insofar as it is relatively simple. The menubar item need not display more information than the dock item:

X Seeding
Pause All
Resume All
Speed Limit
-----
Toggle Client (Shows/Hides the actual client)

This would be a great boon for those who leave torrents seeding in the background for days on end. I appreciate your efforts.
This would be perfect
hodric

Post by hodric »

I'm also waiting patiently for this feature!
ua13dark

Post by ua13dark »

Hey, what about this feature?
To me very short supply of her!
maxclimber1w

Post by maxclimber1w »

Agreed, this would be a great (and probably easy to implement?) feature! Bump.
leolelego

Post by leolelego »

Hi,
Nice idea ! But a really good stuff can be to have an Helper integrated in Transmission.app, which show a menu bar icon with options like yours, drop .torrent files or URL (to add torrent) and to be independent of Transmission.app to auto restart it when it crash, or use like a Daemon app !
MikeHell

Post by MikeHell »

Really would love this!
call me OCD but I have always had an annoyance at anything that I am not actively working on showing on my dock as running, seeing I have transmission running 24/7 it would be better suited to a memubar icon at-least when its just downloading/seeding.

Thank you :)
potatis

Post by potatis »

I second this. I use the app Dockless to hide the dock icon, but now it will be unusable when macOS prohibits 32-bit apps. Plus you can't access the Transmission menu/settings with Dockless activated. A menu bar icon would be better, drag-n-drop of torrent files d/l u/l badge etc not really necessary. More important to hide the dock icon when using a shared computer and want to share files 24/7.