Can the Inspector pane please be "modeless"??

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
sparky

Can the Inspector pane please be "modeless"??

Post by sparky »

Many users keep the Inspector pane open full-time to monitor all kind of information while downloading & uploading. It's just the way we like to use Transmission.

I know the developers don't like us to do this, but that's the way it is.

Whenever I open the Preferences window (often) or the About (not often), these can't be seen because the Inspector isn't a "real" (modeless) window and always obscures the others.

Please please please make the inspector play nice with the other windows so that I can have it open all the time, if I choose.

(And how about also giving the Preferences window some memory so it can remember it's location last time I closed it?)

Thanks for an (otherwise) great app...

S.
jowie

Re: Can the Inspector pane please be "modeless"??

Post by jowie »

+1 on this!

Why would anyone want to run Transmission without the Inspector window open? The Inspector is much more than just a modal window. Modal windows are usually for alerts and forms that need to be submitted in order for the user to continue.

The problem with it being modal is that if you bring up the Preferences window, it hides half behind the Inspector. Out of the Inspector and Preferences, it should really be the Preferences window as the modal one, because you should choose your options and close it before continuing with the app.

Pretty please change it :) thanks!

PS This is still the best torrent app on the Mac by far :mrgreen:
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

castor

Post by castor »

Would it be possible to give us an option which toggles the mode?

Me personally rather have the Inspector Pane modal, since it always stays up front when switching between torrents!