Delayed Torrent Downloading

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
odr

Delayed Torrent Downloading

Post by odr »

I am requesting this new feature to be included in future releases of Transmission.

My ISP just released this statement...
300GB Packages. The cost of most of our 300GB packages will increase. However, for DSL customers, the 300GB meter will not run between the hours of 2 am and 8 am, effectively allowing unlimited services for all downloading in that off-peak period. We are pleased to be the first in the industry to offer unlimited off-peak bandwidth
I think being able to delay a torrent from starting at night while you are asleep is a great idea. For those who don't have an ISP that offers this yet, the added benefit to you would be to allow better data management. Also, in some areas of the world electricity is cheaper at night; you can set your computer to turn on at night and start downloading your torrent automatically.

I would really appreciate your feedback on this request. Thank you, odr.
livings124
Transmission Developer

Re: Delayed Torrent Downloading

Post by livings124 »

You can set a speed limit of upload and download between 8 am and 2 am, and have the normal bandwidth unlimited. This would get you what you want.
odr

Re: Delayed Torrent Downloading

Post by odr »

Thank you for your response livings124. That will absolutely do the trick. I didn't realize that feature until now. I'll have to set a speed limit for the day and unlimited at night. Thanks!