Inspector in a black box

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission

Would you like a black box as an inspector?

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 43

everyone

Inspector in a black box

Post by everyone »

ok i allready asked for an inspector in a drawer but that request was denied... because Apple is getting rid of their drawers.

anyway i noticed instead of drawers Apple is trying to use those really cool floating transparent black boxes now :p
so i thought, since i think the current inspector is really goddamn ugly :p (not your fault, Transmission devs), maybe a black box instead would be cool :)

i think i'ld look rly good... so...

any comments to this?

Gr.
everyone

ps i hope i can put polls in this forum...

here's a picture (this one is from iPhoto): http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8457 ... ng1gm6.png

edit: hm i should've posted this in the Mac OS X Requests forum... hmph
John Clay
Transmission Project

Post by John Clay »

This wouldn't match the theme at all for Inspectors - Pages, Keynote, Preview (and iPhoto) etc. This may change in Leopard, but I doubt it - multi-tab Inspectors look pretty bad in a translucent black.

The info window you have is from fullscreen editing.
JEsTer

Post by JEsTer »

i agree with John. Based on the picture you provided, the current inspector is much nicer in my opinion.
everyone

Post by everyone »

hmph... pity...

mehh
obgum

Post by obgum »

Well, I do not like the idea of a black inspector in normal mode, however if a fullscreen mode were made, as discussed in this thread, there could multiple untabbed control panels. I still think we should wait and see the UI changes in Leopard(if any major) and then decide.
elictricocean

Post by elictricocean »

THe nightly build of apple webkit has a black Inspector which looks pretty nice. It also has tabs which look spiffy.
chkorn

Post by chkorn »

i kinda like the idea of a nicer integration of the inspector. the webkit integration of the black "inspector" is good, but i think that a full integration of the inspector would be better (for example maybe as a tab).
colindunn

Post by colindunn »

Well I think the new inspector in Safari is a pretty good indicator of the direction Apple is going for Leopard and it looks damn good too. I didnt even realize how ugly the inspector was until I read this thread.

obgum

Post by obgum »

Actually the WebKit(Safari) project has replaced the black inspector with this: Image, and is probably what we will see in the final version of Safari 3.
colindunn

Post by colindunn »

I still vote for the black box.
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

The black box is there for apps where it has to go over the content. Transmission doesn't.
wee

Post by wee »

current transmission inspector is nice and simple, i don't see the black box useful in this case. anyway - one thing is strange - that i cannot resize the inspector window verticaly..
Mac55

Post by Mac55 »

I made an account just to vote yes. Anything is better than the ugly inspector currently in use.
macintosh

Post by macintosh »

I think it would be better to have all the info in one window like BitRocket.
bollywood

Re: Inspector in a black box

Post by bollywood »

Quicktime X in Snow Leopard has a black inspector, it looks good.