Quit Transmission on completion

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
3runjosh

Quit Transmission on completion

Post by 3runjosh »

I would really love to be able to Quit Transmission when all of the downloads have finished so my computer can go to sleep. I usually do big downloads during the night while I sleep and I dislike that my computer is active all night especially with electricity prices going up all the time.
Lord of the Rings

Re: Quit Transmission on completion

Post by Lord of the Rings »

You don't like seeding? There is what's known as 'Hit and Run' leechers, who vanish into the night as soon as their downloads have finished. With no intention of seeding what they downloaded. 'Hit and Run' falls into the freeloader category. And unfortunately, freeloaders do an incredible amount of damage to file-sharing networks, not only torrents. I've seen torrents die within a month due to such grab and run users. I've seen over 170 leechers stuck on 99% of a 'dead torrent' because of 'Hit and Runners'. :D

Sorry, I just could not help myself to make the comment. I am extremely passionate about file-sharing, not only torrents. I've seen the damage freeloaders cause over the years.

I am not saying you are such a one, but your requested Transmission behaviour will give both leechers and seeders on that same torrent that same impression.

Dare I say it, you only mentioned your downloads, nothing about seeding (sharing) back what you downloaded after finishing the download.

I remember when Azureus was still around, before it became Vuse. Azureus would limit a person's download speed more and more the lower their share ratio became. I feel this should be a mandatory behaviour for all torrent programs. lol :P

At least in some countries, electricity is often charged at a cheaper rate at night (typical sleep hours) due to being the 'off-peak' period when the demand for electricity power is extremely low.

BTW my G3-4's up to my present Mac, I've run non-stop for anywhere between 5 days to 3 weeks between reboots. Mac computers are built to handle it. :D Not sure everyone's generosity is though. lol