Allow us to rename files and continue seeding

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
DotPdf

Allow us to rename files and continue seeding

Post by DotPdf »

After I download a file I want to clean it up by renaming the folder it's in and the files themselves. Please allow us to rename our files and continue seeding. It don't want to have to have duplicates just to continue seeding.

Thank you for your time.
moonmonkey

Re: Allow us to rename files and continue seeding

Post by moonmonkey »

This would be a great feature and is one reason many people switched to Azureus.
This would solve so many problems for me as I could rename "subtitles" folder ".subtitles" causing the subs folder to be hidden from the finder and Apple TV.
jcphoenix

Post by jcphoenix »

It's a little disappointing to me that this ticket has been opened for four years and there seems to be no push to get this instated in the app...ever. I get the feeling that the Transmission developers have dismissed this as a useless feature, yet in my mind (and seemingly many others if that ticket is any indication), it's a ridiculously important feature to be able to keep your seedbox organized and easy to navigate for file viewing.

On top of that, with the advent of NetFlix-style database/jukebox apps, it becomes ever more critical to be able to rename files so that they can be recognizable within those databases. I'm tight on space already and I don't want to add several other drives with duplicate files organized properly simply for viewing purposes. It makes far more sense to keep all the files together, but nicely organized and easy to navigate.

Please don't underestimate the usefulness that would be gained by implementing this feature!!!
Pierobon

Post by Pierobon »

I'm interested, please implement this tiket!