Support Notification Center

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
hamzaghzili

Support Notification Center

Post by hamzaghzili »

Hi!

How about a nice popup in the right corner where all the other notifications in Mountain Lion appear?
My sound is always off and when a reminder comes up i know that my download is completed.

Greets,

Hamza
livings124
Transmission Developer

Re: Support Notification Center

Post by livings124 »

This is currently in the trunk build. The nightly build machine isn't running Mountain Lion yet, so there's no pre-built version, but it can be built manually on 10.8 following the directions at https://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/Building.

Update: The builds can be downloaded pre-compiled at https://build.transmissionbt.com/job/trunk-mac/.
.Neo

Post by .Neo »

Great to hear. Especially after reports popping up that supposedly only App Store apps could use Notification Center. :?

I'm still secretly hoping Transmission will do something with the Dock progress bar thing. Like the average progress of all active downloads being displayed underneath the Dock icon. Especially since the progress bar looks really sleek in OS X Mountain Lion's new Dock. Would be kinda cool. :wink:
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

.Neo wrote:Great to hear. Especially after reports popping up that supposedly only App Store apps could use Notification Center. :?
Those reports were wrong. Only App Store apps can post remote notifications.
.Neo wrote:I'm still secretly hoping Transmission will do something with the Dock progress bar thing. Like the average progress of all active downloads being displayed underneath the Dock icon. Especially since the progress bar looks really sleek in OS X Mountain Lion's new Dock. Would be kinda cool. :wink:
Unfortunately that API is private. It would've been cool.
.Neo

Post by .Neo »

Really? Damn it.

No way to "hack" into it?
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

Not that I'm aware of.
.Neo

Post by .Neo »

That's a real shame.
vieira

Post by vieira »

livings124 wrote:
.Neo wrote:I'm still secretly hoping Transmission will do something with the Dock progress bar thing. Like the average progress of all active downloads being displayed underneath the Dock icon. Especially since the progress bar looks really sleek in OS X Mountain Lion's new Dock. Would be kinda cool. :wink:
Unfortunately that API is private. It would've been cool.
Hello, the chrome team appears to be implementing this feature. Here is the relevant patch. Do you think it's possible to work this out in Transmission?
.Neo

Post by .Neo »

vieira wrote:Hello, the chrome team appears to be implementing this feature. Here is the relevant patch. Do you think it's possible to work this out in Transmission?
Any word on this?
jamesvdm

Post by jamesvdm »

It would be very nice if Transmission could clear notifications from Notification Centre after the program window has been activated.