Add Multiple Speed Limits and Speed Limit Schedules

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
Andesmtnpass

Add Multiple Speed Limits and Speed Limit Schedules

Post by Andesmtnpass »

It would be extremely beneficial if multiple speed limit presents and speed limit schedules could be added

For example

Speed Limit 1 = 12 kb/sec down, 8 kb/sec up
Speed Limit 2 = 40 kb/sec down, 20 kb/sec up
Speed Limit x = x kb /
and etc.

Schedule Speed Limit 1 from 5-8 pm on weekdays
Schedule Speed Limit 2 from 9-11 am on weekends
Schedule Speed Limit x... and etc

With checkmarks next to each so we can turn on or off the preset quickly. The ability to save as many as 5 (or more) presets of each, speed limits and speed limit schedules, would be ideal.
steve42

Yes multiple schedules please, and what's it written in?

Post by steve42 »

I would also appreciate being able to set several schedules.
I checked this forum to find out whether I can add more schedules so that I don't have to keep changing it. I need one for weekdays except one day, another for a particular day of the week and a third for weekends. I could get by with one for weekdays and one for weekends.

I'm an experienced and capable developer. There seems to be nothing on the www site under Development or Download that says what language or in fact anything much about what is used, so presumably if I don't already know, I'll have a lot of learning to do. I'm unwilling to invest enough time to find out. At work I'm on the dark side (MS) although it's all GNU/linux at home with a dev-capable machine. If I already know the language or something similar (e.g. Java), I could probably contribute good code to add more scheduling capabilities. I'll notice any replies to this post.

Steve
Lutin

Re: Add Multiple Speed Limits and Speed Limit Schedules

Post by Lutin »

I would definitely like to see several schedules implemented in Transmission Remote GUI!
kingpeter

Post by kingpeter »

Yes yes yes!!

It would be awesome if in the different group settings you could change the different up/download speed.
jess

Post by jess »

+1 :!: :!: :!:

I remembered uTorrent where a "calendar" type schedulation was possible... And it was great to define specifc rates & limitation for each days.

Screenshot found :
jbesclapez

Post by jbesclapez »

UP... is it going to exist or not?
If not, how can we do it manually???
Cheers