Add Transfer Scheduling and Staggering Features

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
Andesmtnpass

Add Transfer Scheduling and Staggering Features

Post by Andesmtnpass »

I am often adding a huge number of torrents at once and the ability to schedule the start of transfers and the order of transfers would cut down on my time spent managing transfers.

eg:

I add 100 new torrents to transmission

Often I don't want all to begin download immediately. I would rather stagger and order the transfers, for example:

5 designated torrents complete transferring first (Torrents A, B, C, D, E)

When those 5 complete, another set of 3 torrents begin downloading (Torrents X, Y, Z)

When those 3 are complete, another specified set begin downloading...

Etc.

I should be able to create such a list of download staggering orders for all 100 torrents I have added, then let them execute while I'm away from computer.

Another example, using the same torrents as above,
I select A, B, C to download first, but if Torrent C finishes downloading while A and B are still transferring, then I want Torrent X from the next group to begin downloading.

And if X finishes downloading before A & B I want Y to begin downloading.

Then if A finishes before B and Y I want D (from the first group of 5) to begin downloading.
Etc.

Second feature request:

I add a torrent and don't want it to begin download right away but also dont want to manually start it. Please add a transfer scheduling feature for example:

Begin Transfer in... 24 hours, 3 days, 1 week. etc

If the above two features were added, especially the staggering, it would make the time spent managing torrent downloads much simpler, especially for those with little bandwidth who download large numbers of large files for which download management takes up tremendous, inefficiently spent time spent.