Feature Request: "home networks block list"

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
DaveDanger

Feature Request: "home networks block list"

Post by DaveDanger »

Been a long time Transmission fan, and now that the big ISPs are analyzing and throttling torrent users, it strikes me a great enhancement for Transmission would be a new tab on the preferences that lets you specify either "safe" or "unsafe" wifi networks so that Transmission could be permanently running for downloads, but would be able to auto-pause when I'm on my home network, and then auto-resume when I connect to a public or unspecified network. Seems pretty straightforward as the program's constantly pinging to establish or resume connections anyway, so every time it goes from offline to online, it'd just check the wifi network ID against the safe or unsafe list.

Doable? Thanks.

DD
DaveDanger

Re: Feature Request: "home networks block list"

Post by DaveDanger »

I looked at the blocklist, but that's by remote torrent server, not by my local Internet connection. I'm talking about something that's local to Transmission running on my own computer, a computer that moves around from home to work, cafe to library. Some networks are "torrent safe" while others are off limits. Just want to be able to automate that differentiation... :-)