Transmission 2.82 D/l speed only 640 KB/s

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
bobbybeast

Transmission 2.82 D/l speed only 640 KB/s

Post by bobbybeast »

Hi guys, I'm completely new to torrents, just got a mac mini and I love TrnasmissionBT. My Ookla speed test shows 5.21 Mbps download and .64 Mbps upload speed maximums when it does that ping test thing. However when I download a torrent on Kickasstorrents using Transmission, I consistently get a max download speed of 640 Kbps, nowhere near the max the speed test says I can get. I'm currently using Unlocator - don't know if that would slow me down. When I go online and use the Azareus upload settings calculator, it gives me optimum d/l and u/l speed settings and connection settings, but I don't know how to input them with this new 2.82 version.

Can you guys tell me (in layman's terms preferably) what I should do to get the 2.2 Mbps speeds that other Transmission Mac users are getting? Much appreciated. Bob
bobbybeast

Re: Transmission 2.82 D/l speed only 640 KB/s

Post by bobbybeast »

you're right. I called up my ISP and the tech said the same thing. To get 2.2 Mbps, I'd need to get the ultra fast hi speed service, which is twice the price and not worth it for me, yet at least. Thanks for your reply.