iPad control of Transmission on a Mac?

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
pjd813

iPad control of Transmission on a Mac?

Post by pjd813 »

Is it possible to leave Transmission running on the Mac and then manage the downloads from my iPad? There are lots of uses for this and the one that I'd be interested in would be the ability to initiate a download to a drive on my Mac from a remote location by using my iPad.

Sorry if this has been asked before but a quick search didn't turn up anything I understood.

B-)

Thanks,
Pete
pjd813

Re: iPad control of Transmission on a Mac?

Post by pjd813 »

Hi,

I can start the web interface on my Mac, and when I enter the Macintoshes IP address on the iPad via safari - as suggested in the remote browser part of the documentation - I get the same interface on the iPad. When I open another browser window on the iPad and I click on a magnet link I get the message "Cannot Open Page - Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid".

Am I doing this correctly? Is there a section of the documentation where I should just RTFM?

I'm not comfortable if Console CLI tweaking is needed. That's not a complaint - it's actually just reality for me. If that's the case I'm just SOL until there is a formal iOS solution (if ever) - no harm, no foul.
pjd813

Post by pjd813 »

Great... That wasn't so hard. I must be thickheaded.

Once Transmission is "in motion" and it has put the torrent in it's main Transmission window that shows the progress of downloads - does the "web interface" need to continue running on the iPad for the download to complete? If I am able to leave the web interface on the iPad while downloads are happening - can I then start up the web interface on the iPad later - while I'm away from the desktop machine - and see the updated/current status of the downloads??

Thanks for all the help!!!!!

Pete
pjd813

Post by pjd813 »

Very cool. Thanks for the clear and concise answers.

One last thought..... Are there security concerns?

This has been very productive.

Thanks again,

Pete
leolelego

Post by leolelego »

If you have jailbroken iPad, it exist some app we do the job. You can find them on Cydia.