Magnet link auto adding

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
valtism

Magnet link auto adding

Post by valtism »

For all of the torrent I download, I want them to go into the downloads folder before I decide what to do with the file. I like the feature of auto-adding from torrent files, but I wish there was auto-adding from magnet links. Currently, every time I open a magnet link I have to spam the enter key waiting for both of the boxes to pop up when every time I just want it to start downloading to my Downloads folder.

Would it be simple enough to have under the auto add section in the preferences regarding magnet links? A checkbox for enabling the option, and a drop down selector for the location to download to?

I personally would love this feature, and I think it would be useful to the wider community.
EZ44

Re: Magnet link auto adding

Post by EZ44 »

I whole heartedly agree with this. I love Transmission but my biggest source of frustration is that I can't automatically add magnet links to a default folder of my choosing when I have 'Same as Torrent File' enabled. I am not a programmer /developer and truly appreciate all that they do on this wonderful app but I can' help but think that it wouldn't be too difficult to add a feature where a user can choose a default folder for magnet links when 'Same as Torrent File' is enabled.