Sudden trouble...

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
alderfall

Sudden trouble...

Post by alderfall »

Hello folks...

I have been using Transmission for a few weeks now with various torrent links, both torrent files and magnet links without any issue. For example a few nights ago I downloaded a 1.5 gig file overnight and had no difficulty with it. All told, in the last few weeks I would say that I have download 8 torrents varying in size from 12 meg to 1.5 gig. Now, I added a very healthy swarm torrent to the app and it sits there saying that it is downloading from 0 of 1, while the swarm has in excess of 750 seeders.

The randomizing of ports is enabled and Transmission is showing the current port (51714) as open and in the green. I have "enable micro transport protocol" checked. Automatically map port is also checked. My router is showing UPnP enabled and the port forwarding section is showing the Transmission entry listed. I have this same setup on another Mac OS X laptop and it is doing the exact same thing.

I can seed those files I have previously downloaded to others. I just cannot seem to start a new torrent transfer.

I suppose what I am suspecting is that my ISP is suddenly blocking bit torrent traffic. Can I test for this? I checked into Glasnost but cannot implement it due to their Java security fail.

Any ideas? All help would be appreciated, and thank you.
alderfall

Re: Sudden trouble...

Post by alderfall »

Sorry, I placed this into the wrong forum, can a mod transfer this to the appropriate location please?