Trash bypassed when deleting torrents

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
andres

Trash bypassed when deleting torrents

Post by andres »

Hello

I would like to add a suggestion for deleting files. When deleting, i would prefer to find the files in the Trash in case there's something i would like to recover or accidentally deleting data. My case was like this:

I selected around 40 downloads and "Move data files" to a different drive. That went fine, and the files were promptly moved to the external drive. Then, while distracted i chose "Remove selected data" instead of "Remove selected torrents". I realized the error and looked into the trash for finding the files. No trace of them and now I have to run a data recovery on a 2TB drive to search for 5 files i need. Bleak chances of recovering them.

Please use the usual "Trash" mechanism for file deletion. It would make life easier for many i believe.

Another suggestion would be an ability to archive the torrent file along the associated files, maybe a checkbox in the "Move Data files to…"

Thanks for your work on the greatest Mac client.

Transmission 2.84 on Mac OS X 10.7.5 (11Gg3b)
andres

Re: Trash bypassed when deleting torrents

Post by andres »

Fortunately the issue solved itself after a reboot, when magically the Trash was full again and there were my files. I think there was a case of the filesystem not updating or something related. Anyhow, I am happy that I found the files thought to be lost forever.

I had no trouble moving the torrent-ed file from internal to external drive via transmission, the problem appeared when I wanted to accidentally "Remove Data File".

Thanks again