Notifications only for completed downloads

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
drfranktm2

Notifications only for completed downloads

Post by drfranktm2 »

Currently, notifications alert me when a torrent is done downloading **AND** when it is done seeding. I understand that some people might want to know when a torrent is done seeding, but I personally feel like the extra information is not worth the distractions. I do want notifications for when a torrent is done downloading. I don't want notifications for when a torrent is done seeding. (It should just stop seeding silently.) I wish there was a way to have notifications for the former without notifications for the latter. Thanks. :D
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Re: Notifications only for completed downloads

Post by mike.dld »

"Preferences" (Cmd+,) -> "Transfers" -> "Management" tab -> "Play sound:" -> "When seeding completes:" checkbox.
drfranktm2

Re: Notifications only for completed downloads

Post by drfranktm2 »

Thanks for the reply, Mike, but that is not what I meant. When I said "silently", I meant "without any notification at all" - not just "without any audio notifications".

I have a badge icon on the app icon (in the dock) that shows both completed downloads and completed seedings. The badge will show "1" when a torrent is done downloading and "2" when it is done downloading and seeding. When I see "2", I think "Oh, I have two downloads that are done." That is not the case if completed seedings are included. I want the badge icon to only show completed downloads.

Similarly, I get banner notifications for both completed downloads and completed seedings. I do want the banner notifications for completed downloads - those are awesome! -, but I don't want banner notifications for completed seedings.

As I said, perhaps that information is valuable for some users - to each their own -, but I have absolutely no use for it, and the completed seedings notifications are by far my biggest (or only?) annoyance with Transmission. It would pretty much be a perfect app if you could fix that. Some people might want the completed seedings notifications so you could make those an option in the preferences rather than simply getting rid of them. I think that would make everyone happy. Thanks a lot. :D