Interface Binding on Mac (New App!)

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
hbwhite

Re: Interface Binding on Mac (New App!)

Post by hbwhite »

[deleted]
Last edited by hbwhite on Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hbwhite

Post by hbwhite »

[deleted]
Last edited by hbwhite on Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
deltaman8

Post by deltaman8 »

Been testing this for over a week now on three different machines. Very good job. Thank you Sir!

Few observations:
- On 10.13 only the first security setting ("Accessibilty") is neccessary. The second button will open the "System Preferences" though, but there is - of course - no "Automation" setting found.
- On 10.14 the machine had to be restarted before the Clutch.app was showing up in the "Automation" settings.
- Couldn't see any "nice loading animation", but maybe I am just blind ;-)
- I am not a native speaker, so I was a little bit confused about the wording in the app. "Binding to [interface]" sounded to me like: "I am still in the process of completing the bind." I would have expected something like: "Bound to [interface]" when the process is complete. But again: I am not a native speaker.

Again: Terrific job!
davids

Post by davids »

Hi Harrison,

I have been using Clutch for a while with the connection to my VPN made by setting up the VPN in macOS's System Preferences/Network and since the VPN was always on the same interface, Clutch worked perfectly. Unfortunately, the VPN provider went out of business and my new provider uses Tunnelblick to connect. Apparently, Tunnelblick is rather popular, e.g., my ASUS router's VPN server uses it.

The problem that I am having is that the VPN tunnel is no longer always on the same interface, which means that when Tunnelblick connects and gets a difference interface, Transmission isn't allowed by Clutch to download. I know that this isn't really your problem and that supporting Clutch is an act of generosity. However, if you feel like fixing this problem, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

David
<br >

Post by <br > »

well, nice to know which version it works on. Now I know.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cz99w524r1276 ... 3.jpg?dl=0
spanner

Post by spanner »

Thank you so much for doing this. I also signed up for this website solely to thank you. Works a treat!
micp

Post by micp »

Thank you! Vuze stopped working (at least for me) on Mac OS 11.1 Big Sur, and this is saving me.
cybersimo

Post by cybersimo »

Thank you! It works flawlessly.
However I have another question. Is it possible to have a script or an app or whatever that will allow me to bind a network interface to an app?
For example - Firefox.
I would like to use Firefox over my VPN connection (ethernet), and all other traffic via wi-fi.
hbwhite

Post by hbwhite »

Update: This project has been discontinued.
deltaman8

Post by deltaman8 »

hbwhite wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:00 pm Update: This project has been discontinued.
That is sad news.
Thanks for your work! I enjoyed it very much.
Stay safe, all the Best.