Inspector window--Keep in foreground s.v.p.

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
devenish

Re: Inspector window--Keep in foreground s.v.p.

Post by devenish »

I think the behaviour of the Inspector is buggy and a bug report should probably be filed.
  • Firstly, the floating inspector floats erroneously over the top of dialog windows, such as when trying to add a new torrent. Thus the inspector obscures the dialog windows making it impossible to use the dialogs without closing the inspector.
  • Secondly, the Inspector should instead be a Drawer (Mac OS X windowing interface) which remains visible when Transmisison is in the background. Only if the user chooses to tear it off should it become a floating inspector that disappears in the background.
  • Thirdly, the minimum vertical size of the inspector is too tall, making it difficult for users who which to put the inspector beneath the main window. It should be possible to resize the inspector to be smaller.
  • Fourthly, each tab of the inspector has a different size, and the inspector window resizes when you move from one tab to another. I think this is an inappropriate behaviour, and instead each tab should size its contents to fit within the windows size chosen by the user.
  • Fifthly, there seem to be conditions under which the size and position of the inspector aren't stored when Transmission quits (possibly when I have clicked on a tab that auto-resized the inspector so that it was hanging past the bottom of my screen).
Anyone else have these problems?
Michelasso

Re: Inspector window--Keep in foreground s.v.p.

Post by Michelasso »

Yup. I came here to make exactly the same remarks. Also if we move the main window in another space, the inspector one stays in the old one. pretty annoying. I think a possible solution would be to have the option to join the two windows. Anyway, it would be nice if this issue could be fixed. Thanks.