Support uTorrent-style tracker lists...

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
neurostatic

Support uTorrent-style tracker lists...

Post by neurostatic »

this one shouldn't be hard to implement... we can already add trackers manually using the inspector, but the interface provided is insanely (and ridiculously) picky..

if by bad luck we copy a line break and paste it in, it first hides the actual line pasted, and then complains (with only a buzz) and refuse the input.

It would really be simple to implement.. a simple check for line breaks/feed chars, a simple split, for loop and trim..

Right now it is extremely tedious to add a extra trackers, while it could only be a matter of copy paste.

Other than very little bugs and annoyances, great app, keep up the good work
livings124
Transmission Developer

Re: Support uTorrent-style tracker lists...

Post by livings124 »

I'm awaiting the patch for this very simple to implement feature. Thanks!
rmp135

Post by rmp135 »

Also awaiting this feature. The current method for tracker adding is quite cumbersome and would be much quicker to add trackers based on a line break, especially for sites like torrentz.com.
Shouldnt be too hard to implement, cheers.
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

rmp135 wrote:Shouldnt be too hard to implement, cheers.
I'm awaiting your patch. It's simple! Cheers.
Fiete5401

Post by Fiete5401 »

livings124 wrote:
Are any requests taken serious? Not everybody is familiar with coding.
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

Sure, a lot of requests are taken seriously and are often implemented. But when those making requests tell us how easy it is to do, I make the assumption that they have the ability to implement it. It is an open source application with source code available, and we gladly accept patches.
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

Fiete5401 wrote:
livings124 wrote:
Are any requests taken serious? Not everybody is familiar with coding.
Of course they're taken seriously. Version 1.50 had more than 50 user-driven enhancements and bugfixes.

What's not being taken seriously is that livings124 and I are doing this for free, in out spare time, and also have day jobs and real life responsibilities. If this truly is an easy change to make, then a user-submitted patch would probably make it into the nightlies within a few days...
Fiete5401

Post by Fiete5401 »

Jordan wrote:What's not being taken seriously is that livings124 and I are doing this for free, in out spare time, and also have day jobs and real life responsibilities. If this truly is an easy change to make, then a user-submitted patch would probably make it into the nightlies within a few days...
I really appreciate the work you're doing. I think that the Mac client is by far the best torrent-client available for OS X.
People that are complainig about your work will always outnumber those that are really satisfied by it. That's because unsatisfied people will always speak up while those that have nothing to complain about will just use your product.
When you know that you still need the right portion of 'coolness' to deal rants or even requests.
Keep up the good work guys!

BTW technologies like trackerless-torrents need to recieve huge attention in the near future! *waves to sweden* :roll:
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

Fiete5401 wrote:
Jordan wrote:What's not being taken seriously is that livings124 and I are doing this for free, in out spare time, and also have day jobs and real life responsibilities. If this truly is an easy change to make, then a user-submitted patch would probably make it into the nightlies within a few days...
I really appreciate the work you're doing. I think that the Mac client is by far the best torrent-client available for OS X.
People that are complainig about your work will always outnumber those that are really satisfied by it. That's because unsatisfied people will always speak up while those that have nothing to complain about will just use your product.
When you know that you still need the right portion of 'coolness' to deal rants or even requests.
Keep up the good work guys!

BTW technologies like trackerless-torrents need to recieve huge attention in the near future! *waves to sweden* :roll:
I appreciate the pat on the back, but to be clear, that's not what I was fishing for... I'd rather have the patch. :P