Move torrent data file On Complete

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
jordantbro

Move torrent data file On Complete

Post by jordantbro »

My specific request is the ability to specify a destination for the data file after download is complete.

The default action would be nothing, and I could imagine having "favorite" locations where you could have the file moved after completion.
prostuff1

Re: Move torrent data file On Complete

Post by prostuff1 »

This already exist if i am not mistaken.

Check in system preferences under the groups section. In there you can set up groups and specify a place for those file belong to the group to go when done downloading.
jordantbro

Post by jordantbro »

I'm using Transmission 1.5.1 (7958) on OS X and don't see the groups option in the Preferences area. Can you provide a screenshot?

Thanks!
guilherme

Post by guilherme »

Groups are only enabled on the nightlies = 1.60 pre-beta Transmission =)
essiw

Post by essiw »

and 1.60 is only for Mac OS X 10.5.0 or higher
prostuff1

Post by prostuff1 »

I did not know that. I downloaded the latest nightly to build my menulet version of transmission and in there it reported it is 1.50+ if i remember correctly (not near my mac right now).
Etabeeta

Post by Etabeeta »

How do you make it work with the latest nightlies build (1.51+ (8045))?
voski

Post by voski »

I would like this feature also. I would be able to download files to my internal HD then transfer them to my external HD automatically. Instead of having them download to the external HD which makes transmission hang =(
voski

Post by voski »

This feature exists. You can check the "Keep incomplete files in" box and then select a folder. So when you start downloading the saves the torrent into that folder and then when it is complete it transfers it to your download destination.
ZaPHoN

Post by ZaPHoN »

The problem I'm encoutering is when transmission doesn't wait till all files are complete. It appears to be moving each file in a torrent as it completes. This causes torrent expander to get triggered as soon as the first rar is passed resulting in an incomplete attempt to unpack. The torrent then goes dead because I'm using destructive mode.

PS I'm using destructive mode becuase my source never has leech. It's only a seed. This means I have to go in and manually nuke the archives.
cassie

Post by cassie »

ZaPHoN wrote:The problem I'm encoutering is when transmission doesn't wait till all files are complete. It appears to be moving each file in a torrent as it completes. This causes torrent expander to get triggered as soon as the first rar is passed resulting in an incomplete attempt to unpack. The torrent then goes dead because I'm using destructive mode.

PS I'm using destructive mode becuase my source never has leech. It's only a seed. This means I have to go in and manually nuke the archives.

This sounds more like a bug than a feature request.