Allowing the computer to shut down at a pre-set time...

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
Constable Odo

Allowing the computer to shut down at a pre-set time...

Post by Constable Odo »

I've tried scheduling my computer to shut down at a certain time at night, but no matter what I've tried to do in Transmission to allow this, I can't get the computer to bypass Transmission when it's downloading or uploading in order to Shut Down automatically. I've looked all through the options in Transmission, but have found nothing. I just want to shut my computer down for five hours overnight and then start up in the morning and launch Transmission from the Log-in Items. I've been getting the message that Shut Down timed out due to not being able to Log-out because of Transmission. So now I have to Shut Down the computer manually. I think if I Shut Down the computer manually it just overrides Transmission, but a scheduled Shut Down doesn't.

So if I'm wrong about this, please accept my apologies, but if Transmission really does stop the computer from shutting down by itself, then could you please put in an option to allow a Scheduled Shut Down.

Thanks. I enjoy using Transmission and have not run into any major problems using it that I can think of. :P
I didn't know there were only a couple of people working on Transmission, so I guess I'm asking for some fairly unimportant feature and I understand if it's not implemented.

Oh, I'm using a G4 1.42 DP FW800 MDD running OSX.4.11 Server Edition and Transmission 1.51 (7958)
hugh1988

Re: Allowing the computer to shut down at a pre-set time...

Post by hugh1988 »

I think you need to get rid of the option "Prompt user for 'quit with active transfers" in the general tab.

This will prevent transmission from coming up with the message "are u sure you want to quit" when the computer tries to shut down.

hope it works because I cant be bothered to test it!